Construction began on the newest Pasadena ISD elementary school in 1953. It was designed to have 26 rooms and valued at $530,000.
The school was projected to open in September of 1954. However, due to delays, students attended school half days at Gardens Elementary. Construction was finished and the campus opened in December of 1954.
It didn't take long before the campus was full. In 1957, portable buildings were added to offer more space. The school expanded again in 1992 with the addition of a new wing. We added a new library and a six-room kindergarten pod. With enrollment still climbing, another expansion was needed in 2001. At that time, another wing was built with 12 classrooms for the 4th and 5th graders. In addition, there was an office remodel and alterations made in various other portions of the campus. Later, 3 more portable classrooms were added on the end of the new wing.
With enrollment in the district still on the rise, it became necessary for our 5th graders to transfer to another campus. They began attending school at Keller Intermediate when it opened in the old San Jacinto Intermediate Campus in 2008. Our campus is currently home to Pre- Kindergarten - 4th Grade with approximately 600 students annually.
1954 - Mr. T.F. Crocker
1961 - Mr. W.B. Smith
1963 - Mr. Jack McCarroll
1983 - Mrs. Carole Martin
2002 - Ms. Kathleen McElman
2010 - Mrs. Tammie Hinton